Advanced Therapy in Epilepsy
Includes interactive DVD with video plus EEG tracings
475 pages; Casebound 8 1/2 x 11”
James W. Wheless, MD
Professor and Chair of Pediatric Neurology
Le Bonheur Chair in Pediatric Neurology
University of Tennessee Health Science Center
L. James Willmore, MD
Associate Dean and Professor of Neurology, and
Professor of Pharmacology and Physiology
Saint Louis University School of Medicine
St. Louis, Missouri
Roger A. Brumback, MD
Professor of Psychiatry and Pathology
Chairman, Department of Pathology
Creighton University Medical Center
The social and health consequences of epilepsy on the lives of patients are enormous, and, although diagnosis and providing effective treatments remain challenging, the last decade has brought significant progress. Advanced Therapy in Epilepsy offers a comprehensive review of epilepsy in all of its manifestations: its history, neurophysiology, and newly available diagnostic tools and treatments, including neuroimaging, epileptic drug treatments, immunotherapy, dietary therapy, and surgery. Discussions of psychiatric illness and the social and legal issues associated with epilepsy complete the volume. Because epilepsy affects individuals across the human lifespan from infancy to old age, this book will be a valuable resource to any physician engaged in the care of patients with seizures or epilepsy. An enormous amount of information is presented concisely and clearly, allowing for a quick grasp of the material covered.
Fifty-eight chapters have been contributed by authors who have demonstrated expertise in each area of concern. Throughout this textbook the appreciation of the editors and authors for the courage and humanity of their patients informs their approach to this ubiquitous and challenging disorder.
- Enormous amount of useful data at very affordable price
- Coverage of associated co-morbid conditions. Tie-in with other illnesses and recommended treatment (i.e. depression, Alzheimer’s disease, stroke, head trauma).
- CD with videos of the various seizure types, and surgeries
- Antiepileptic drugs overview: Specific review of each and every drug available today and how to use each to treat specific aspects of epilepsy.
- Neuroimaging in Epilepsy/MEG and Clinical Neurophysiology.
- State-of-the-art review of imaging and diagnostic modalities. Easy to read and use to indicate proper application in evaluation and treatment.